Our office will make every effort to assist Arizonans with specific concerns involving a federal agency such as: Social Security, Medicare, veterans or military affairs, federal taxes, federal retirement/annuity benefits, passports, or immigration issues.
To begin this process, you must first complete a Privacy Act Waiver. The Privacy Act of 1974 requires written permission before a congressional office may make inquiries to a federal agency on your behalf.
Please send your signed and completed Privacy Act Waiver to Senator Sinema’s office via mail to 3333 East Camelback Road, Suite 200 Phoenix, Arizona 85018, fax 602-957-0988, or email to email@example.com.
The form must be signed by the person directly affected, unless that person is a minor or has the federal agency’s approved third party authorization form.
Our staff works as liaisons between constituents and federal agencies. Our office cannot force an agency to expedite a request or act in your favor. Although we are unable to guarantee a particular outcome, we assure you that we will do our best to help you receive a fair and fast response. To initiate a request, please complete our online form below.
Important to Note:
- As your United States Senate office, our jurisdiction is over federal matters.
- We are unable to intervene in state or local government issues, or court cases/civil disputes.
- We cannot provide legal advice or act as an advocate in legal matters.
- If your problem involves an agency of the State of Arizona, we encourage you to make an inquiry with the Governor of Arizona (https://azgovernor.gov/) or your Representatives/Senator in the Arizona State Legislature (https://www.azleg.gov/).
- If your request is time sensitive, please call our office at 602-598-7327.
Arizona Veterans and Military Families: click HERE to access our Veterans Resource Guide for services and resources across our state available to you.