Arizonans may have already heard about…
- … the historic $110 billion investment to upgrade America’s roads and bridges…
- … the $65 billion to deploy high-speed broadband, expand broadband internet access, and help families afford broadband service…
- … the strongest investment ever in American public transit — including the biggest investment in passenger rail since the creation of Amtrak…
… but what else is included for Arizona in the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act led by U.S. Senator Kyrsten Sinema?
Arizona leads the nation in aviation and technological innovation — and our airports are major economic drivers for our state and country. As Chair of the Senate Aviation Subcommittee, Senator Kyrsten Sinema ensured that the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act includes significant resources for major upgrades to every airport in the state, and airports across the country. This historic investment will create jobs, improve passenger safety, boost tourism, and ensure Arizona continues to lead the aviation industry.
- Funding for Airport Airside and Landside Priorities: The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act invests $15 billion in priority projects at every airport in the United States. Such upgrades would include: runways and taxiways, safety upgrades, terminal development projects, noise mitigation, and multimodal transportation. This funding program provides flexibility for airports to address their specific needs, and is formula-driven, so the funds will go directly to the airports.
- Of this funding, Arizona airports are expected to receive a total of at least $360 million over the next five years.
- Airport Terminal Program: The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act provides $5 billion in competitive grants for terminal development and other landside projects. These resources ensure terminal projects at all types of airports, including small hub airports, nonhub, and nonprimary airports will receive funding — guaranteeing that communities of all sizes benefit.
- Air Traffic Control Infrastructure: The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act invests an additional $5 billion in grants for strengthening Air Traffic Control towers and infrastructure — much of which is decades-old and requires upgrades to house new equipment to better keep American travelers safe.
The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (full text available HERE) proposes the strongest investment in America’s critical infrastructure in more than a century without raising taxes on everyday Americans.
The legislation is the result of bipartisan negotiations led by U.S. Senators Kyrsten Sinema and Rob Portman (Ohio), with Senators from both parties and President Biden.
The proposal — currently being considered by the full Senate — is supported by groups including The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Business Roundtable, The National Association of Manufacturers, The AFL-CIO, The National Retail Federation, The Bipartisan Policy Center, North America’s Building Trades Unions, the Outdoor Industry Association, The American Hotel and Lodging Association, The National Education Association, as well as more than 360 Mayors in all 50 states.
Click HERE to see how the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act impacts Tribal communities
Click HERE to see how the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act impacts wildfire mitigation
Click HERE to see how the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act impacts water systems